Saturday 22 December 2012

2012 wrap up


I wasn’t planning on writing an end of year wrap up post but then for no real reason, I changed my mind. This year has been pretty awesome for many different reasons and one of the things I want to try to do with the blog in the New Year is to make it more personal. So, normally my end of year posts are all about books and the blog but this year I’m going to mix it up a bit.

This year, I haven’t been blogging all year because of uni work. I got so bogged down by it last year that I knew it was time for a break. I can’t do everything and I wasn’t finding reading as much fun because I was feeling the pressure to read everything at once! The break really did me good and I found my love of reading again which is why I came back in the summer. This is a new blog compared with what some of my followers will be used to though. This time around, I decided not only to review YA books but others too and add in film reviews at the same time.

Deciding to start blogging again was a pretty big decision for me as I’m now in my third and final year at university so I do have a lot to juggle work wise. I did really miss blogging though which was a big part of why I decided to power through and do my best. I may not always post as much as I have been doing – it all depends on how caught up I am on uni work but I will post something every week at least.

I also finally got a Kindle even though I have been against them from the beginning. I never thought I would like having one let alone reading on one but now I have decided I love it. I went with the Kindle Fire HD though because I had been wanting a tablet for a while and this was the best of both worlds. If you're thinking about buying one and aren't sure, I wrote a non-techy review which you can see here!

My beautiful engagement ring!
The other big news this year is that I got engaged! Kirsty from The Overflowing Library introduced me to John so we both have her to thank really – although she might say she was trying to get rid of him instead! We’re getting married on 30th September in Florida and it will just be the two of us. Family’s are bloody difficult when they live all over the place. Anyway, I’m super excited about the wedding and the fact that we get our honeymoon at the same time – getting to go to Disneyland after the wedding sounds pretty awesome to me. I also hate being the center of attention so this way I don’t have to be and we get to have a really romantic and private day. There will be skype calls to Mum just before though because she wants to see me in my dress etc. 

This is where we are getting married. 

Right, onto the books! I don’t have a top book this year so I’m going to go through a few I really enjoyed. I haven't even begun to really look at books being released next year yet though so no list of what I'm looking forward to this year. 

Books I loved
  • Adorkable by Sarra Manning (Review)
  • Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake (Review)
  • Foretold by Jana Oliver (Review)
  • Pushing The Limits by Kate McGarry (Review)
  • My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (Review)
  • Pantomime by Laura Lam (Review to come next year)
  • Mystic City by Theo Lawrence (Review)
  • Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone (Review)
This is a pretty mixed lot compared to how my end of year wrap up posts normally go. I can normally pick out one of two that were my favourites of the whole year but I couldn't this time. There have been loads that I've really enjoyed but I think this list really shows that I've enjoyed quite a lot of different things this year. 

I'm sure many or most of you will have at least read some on this list so let me know if you agree with my choices!


I hope everyone has a fabulous Christmas and New Year and I look forward to catching up with your reviews after the holidays. Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment