Tuesday 11 December 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted at The Broke and The Bookish

Top Ten Favourite New To Me Authors I read in 2012

  1. Tamara Ireland Stone - I LOVED Time Between Us and I think it's one of the best time travel novels I have read. I loved her writing and style and was addicted from page one. I want everything she ever released on pre-order
  2. Lauren DeStefano - The Wither series is stunning!
  3. Melissa Marr - I haven't read any of the Wicked Lovely series but I absolutely loved Carnival of Souls. It made me want to go out and buy her other books. 
  4. Kendare Blake - Anna Dressed in Blood scared the crap out of me and that isn't something which is easily achieved. 
  5. Veronica Rossi - Under the Never Sky brought me out of my not wanting to read dystopian books slump.
  6. Huntley Fitzpatrick - My Life Next Door was so beautifully written that it made me fall in love with contemporary novels once again. 
  7. Myra McEntire - Another writer taking on time travel but McEntire gave me an exciting read and a truley original plot. 
  8. Theo Lawrence - Mystic City is another fantastic dystopian read and Theo Lawrence made her world so exciting and different that I couldn't put this book down. 
  9. Ann Bannon - I had to read I Am A Woman for my gender and sexuality class at university and I loved the way that Bannon was so truthful and to the point with specific topics. 
  10. Kate McGarry - Pushing the Limits. WOW!!!



4 comments:

  1. New follower!

    Gah I really need to read Pushing the Limits.. that title keeps popping up! I like your top 10, so many new books to read ;)

    Check out my top 10! http://greepsthroughshelves.blogspot.nl/2012/12/top-ten-tuesday-new-to-me-authors-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting list with some new-to-me authors :-) But I've read and loved books by Blake - Anna Dressed in Blood was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely be looking out for more books by Tamara Ireland Stone! My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/top-ten-favorite-new-to-me-authors-i-read-in-2012/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Pushing the Limits. Katie McGarry is totally on my list too. Such a good book.

    I've read Myra McEntire's Hourglass, and have Timepiece out from the library. I'm excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete