Friday 15 November 2013

Untouched by Melody Grace

About the book
Untouched (New Adult) is a companion novella to Unbroken by Melody Grace. It can be enjoyed before, or after reading Unbroken, or as a stand-alone story. The novella was released on 12th May and it is 90 pages long.

Plot Synopsis
After being forced to spend the summer in Beachwood Bay, Juliet is looking forward to a miserable summer she doesn’t want to experience… until she lays eyes on the resident bad boy Emerson. He makes her feel things she didn’t even know existed and she has a feeling that her life will be changed forever because of him. On the other hand, Emerson has a lot of experience with girls but never has he wanted one as much as he does Juliet. He’s the bad boy with a broken home and he knows she deserves better but he can’t make himself stay away.

The summer is only the beginning of their story…

What I thought
When I bought this book, I didn’t realise it was a novella so I was very disappointed when I realised just how short it was. At only 90 pages long and me being a pretty fast reader, I finished this in less than a couple of hours.

However, having never really read novellas before I found myself surprisingly happy with it. This one tells the story of Juliet and Emerson, or part of it anyway. The two meet during Juliet’s summer in Beachwood Bay and they instantly hit it off. The sexual tension is undeniable and that is the driving force of their ‘relationship’ I guess. But, even with the intense desire they have for one another, there is something else that brings them together. Each character understands what it means to live with someone dealing with addiction and this manages to bring them closer together.

Even though this is a short read, there is a lot packed into the pages. The way in which the characters meet is exciting and interesting, them getting to know each other is even better as they begin to realise that they’re more alike than they first thought. I really enjoyed getting know both characters even though there could have been more given away for those who haven’t already read Unbroken. But, I guess that’s one of the ways that Melody Grace gets readers wanting more.

Another thing that I loved about this novella was the extremely steamy scenes between Juliet and Emerson. The novella is short but there is so much passion packed in. Juliet and Emerson can’t keep their hands off of each other and I couldn’t get enough of the scenes between the two of them. The thing about this couple though is that it wasn’t just the passion. Even while all of that was going on, you could see that there was so much more between them which was a nice touch.

Although this novella was unexpectedly short, I did enjoy it and it made me want to read the full book, Unbroken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment