Monday 22 December 2014

Travelling, trains, home and reading

Today John and I are heading back to my hometown of Grimsby to spend Christmas with my family. We spent last year here in Norfolk and the year before in Nottingham where I was at university. I'm really looking forward to going home this year as it's been a long time since I've had a Christmas there. I think it must have been at least four years now!

The only bad thing about going home for Christmas is the travelling. The train journey is about 5 and a half hours each way so that's 11 hours that will be spent on trains this week. I do normally end up sleeping on train journeys but this one has a lot of different changes so it's not 5 and a half hours on the same train. 


I really hope to get some good reading in this week and I have a few books to get on with. John has bought me some for Christmas which I've had early (due to us not wanting to take presents home with us just to bring them back) and I'm really excited to read them. They're all New Adult books and I'm really enjoying the genre at the moment even if I am reading the same authors again and again. 

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment