Friday 6 February 2015

We're finally getting somewhere

Last April John and I moved into our very first proper home together and since then it's all been a bit manic. It only feels like we moved in 2 minutes ago though and sometimes I can't believe that we own this big, old Victorian house. The previous owners really let things go though and it needs a lot of work and a fair bit of money putting into it. John and I don't have much spare cash but we're saving as much as we can each month to get something done every year. 

Last year I spent a lot of time beginning to clear the massively overgrown garden. I got a good chunk done but I need to do a hell of a lot more this summer. I plan on making my own raised beds out of decking boards and attempting to level out the ground. Oh won't that be fun?


It's only February and we've had some major work done on two of our bedrooms. We have a four bedroom house but one room is going to be a shower room eventually and our bedroom isn't too bad right now so we started on the spare bedrooms. We have had all of the woodwork ripped out and replaced; door liners, frames and doors as well as the skirting boards. We've also had both rooms completely re-plastered and picture rails will be going up next week and then I can start decorating. I'm only going to be doing 1 room at the moment though as I'm not sure what the other one will be yet. 



I feel as though we're really making some progress now with the house even if it in two rooms we don't even use at the moment. 

We also have a new addition to the family. Jackson is our new German Shepherd puppy and he's a bit of a monster sometimes which is why we aren't doing up the rooms we do use yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment