Monday 16 March 2015

Branching out

Blogging for me all began with book reviews way back in 2010, the year I started university. Somehow I managed to blog the same as normal all the way through university. I really don't know how I did that sometimes though. I guess it helped having a job where I was able to read on night shifts or do my revision or edit essays. 

After graduating and getting a full time job as the manager of a children's play center and bowling alley, I seemed to not be able to cope with blogging any more. I really tried but I wasn't getting much time to read or to write the reviews even if I did manage to read. After a while of struggling I made a hard choice to give it up for a while. I just didn't have the energy, especially when John and I bought a house that needs a fair amount of work. 

Between then and now I also tried to have two blogs. I have no idea why I ever thought that would be a good idea because one was hard enough. Now my life is still really hectic. Not only does the house need a whole lot of work but we also have Jackson, our German Shepherd puppy. 

Before now I had lost my desire to read. I have no idea how I'm managing it right now to be honest, but I am. John laughs because I wake up some mornings when I'm in the middle of the book and I read a bit before I get a bath before work. 

Anyway, there was a time when I was really happy with having a blog just for book reviews. However, it really isn't that time now. With so much going on in my life right now I really need to branch out with my blog. I want to make it more about all of the things I love. My life with John, my house that is yet to be beautiful, my monster of a puppy, books and films. 

So, although there will still be a lot of book reviews I really want to be able to write about my life. As Jackson grows up I'm sure I'll have plenty of cute photos and funny stories about the things he gets up to. I also can't wait to write about updates on the house and things that get done. 

I hope you enjoy hearing about my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment